Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Waiting Game...

It's easy to see by the little ticker on our blog that I have very few days to go and that's if I make it to my due date. Seeing as how I am already progressing we are thinking that our little man could arrive at any moment. It is such a surreal feeling. The other night I could not turn my mind off (I mean I finally get the thing going). It rained all night which sounded wonderful, but all I could do was toss and turn. I got up and took Bunny outside a couple of times and then at 3 a.m. I decided that some cookies and chocolate milk could do the trick.
Basicly I feel pretty torn. There's a part of me that is sad. Don't get me wrong. This pregnancy is completely a blessing. It's just the transition to another stage of life. Before I had Ellie Kate I had to reconcile the fact that it would no longer be just Ross and me. Of course little Priss is such a precious part of our family just as Emmett will be. Now I've gotten use to having tons of one on one time with my little girl. I can take in her every expression and comment. (Even as a type she is tending to her baby doll in the background. Earlier she told me,"I got my hands full", as she carried around her baby dolls, Dorothy and Emmett.)
So anyway, the reality of another child can be very daunting. I do know that God is so very good and He will guide us into this new stage of our lives. He has blessed me with such a wonderful husband who is about to bust to meet his little boy. Whatever trials and changes are to take place will only be overshadowed by the joy that is to be ours in the blessing of another precious life. I just cannot help but wonder when he will arrive:)

With all of that being said, I'll just post a picture.
This is Ellie Kate's favorite place to be.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Amy, we'll pray for your transition. #2 was really big for me. I struggled with a lot of guilt right after he was born - feeling like I had betrayed and abandoned #1. Give yourself lots of grace and know that it will all level out with time. And they won't remember any of it at all a few months down the road. They'll love each other like they've always been together, in a way that only brothers and sisters can. Its precious.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Were your ears burning this morning? Annie Davis Parks and I were talking about you while we were walking at the park. Good things of course! I can't wait to see pictures! Praying your labor and delivery go smoothly and quickly.

Shane, LaJuan, Jocelyn and Gabbie said...

Amy! So great to hear from you! Your family is precious and looks like it's about to expand...very soon! I'll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

Love,
LaJuan

annieck said...

I'm so excited for you!!! AND I'm excited for me that you have a blog now. YEA! :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are not alone, #2 was a huge transition at our house as well. However, give it time and it will all work itself out. Bailey and Brock are best friends and I can't imagine it any other way. It is so sweet to observe the bond they share. As for the one on one time, you will find ways to work that in as well. Sometimes, it is intentional, other times you just have to take advantage of one being asleep and the other awake! Can't wait to meet Emmet:)
Kendra

Anonymous said...

Amy, I remember feeling exactly the same way before Eden was born (Almost 9 years ago...wow). But you will find that you don't have to divide your love for either one of them. It will just double. Everything comes as natural with the second one as with the first. And the third, but we won't go there yet! You are an unbelievable mother to Ellie Kate and I am sure that Emmett will be just as blessed. You and your family are in my prayers. We love you all and cannot wait to meet that sweet little man.