Sunday, August 31, 2008

Officially Two

It's hard to believe, but Ellie Kate's actual birthday is today. Where does the time go? I am so relieved that we had her party early. Otherwise I would be drowning in mommy guilt.
This little Priss (as I call her) is one of the greatest blessings Ross and I have ever been given. She is truly a precious little girl. She is so sweet and extremely vocal. We never get tired of hearing her "I wuve you"s. At present her favorite song is 'Jesus Loves Me' which absolutely makes us melt. My prayer is that she would know the truth of what she sings. Not just that she would know it, but that she would believe it. Childlike faith is a precious thing especially when it's your child and you have the responsibility and privilege to encourage and guide them in their faith.
Having Ellie Kate enter our lives was such a shake up of my world and I could not be more grateful. Now I cannot imagine our lives without her nor do I want to.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Ellie Kate!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Big Sis! What about calling her Sissy Priss? :-)

Bragans said...

I can't believe she is 2 already and a big sis too! She is beautiful!