Sunday, August 14, 2011

On the eve of her first day of kindergarten

Wowzers! She cannot be old enough for this! Not my Prissy Luller Belle!


In honor of this landmark event in our lives, I've decided to interview my little student. Here goes...


Me:"What's tomorrow?"

EK:"Uh...school. (pointing @ the computer screen) Does that say school?"

Me:"Yes. Now what are you most excited about for school?"

EK:"I'm excited about sleeping there and I'm excited about going to paint there. Does it say paint. Paint starts with a p? and I want to draw there."

Me:"How many kids do you think will be in your class?"

EK:"I think 152."

Me:"What's your teacher's name?"

EK:"Ms. Adams. How do you spell Belle?"

Me:"Alright stay focused. Let's talk about kindergarten."

EK:"Ask me what snack I want to eat there. Okay, Mama? Ask me. Know what I wanna eat there?"

Me:"What kind of snack do you want there?"

EK:"A banana. I want a banana. How do you spell banana?"

Me:"What are some things that you think you will learn in kindergarten?"

EK:"I will learn how to say new things. I will know how to draw new things like a heart. That's a good thing. Isn't it?"

Me:"How long will you be at school each day?"

EK:"Um...forever. For...ev..ev..er. Are you gonna write the number? I think I'll be there 52 100. Are you gonna write that, Mama? That's a long time. Write Ellie Kate b/c I said Ellie Kate. Does that say Ellie Kate you stink?"

Me:"Should it say 'you stink'?"

EK:(Shaking head)"No."

Me:"Let's focus. Will you miss me while you're at school?"

EK:"Yes I will. I'll miss Jack, the little fella, too and Emmett."

Me:"How many days a week will you go to school?"

EK:"Um...500? Did you write the number 500?"

Me:"Did you know that you have to wake up early every day for school?"

EK:"Yes. Why?"

Me:"Is there anything that you're nervous about?"

EK:"No. You know which thing I'm excited about arts and crafts to do there? I'm excited about doing arts and craft."

Me:"Did you know that you have to raise your hand to speak?"

EK:"Yes. Raise your hand if you wanna say something in kindergarten."

Me:"Well I'm all out of questions."

EK:"You are? I'm not. I want to draw and learn everything. Hey do you want to drop me off at kindergarten and tell my teacher you're all out of questions? Do you know what I'm going to need to study? I'm gonna need a computer."

Me:"In kindergarten?"

EK:"If we study we might."

Me:"Do you know how much I love you?"

EK:"How much? Show me. Show me how much little prissy...(touching keyboard)You need a "q", Mama?"

Me:"I think this interview was over a while ago."

EK:"What do n-r-o spell?"

Me:"Nothing."

EK:"Huh? You writted 'nothing'?"

Me:"Interview over, but do you have a closing thought?"

EK:(Speaking like a robot)"I am all out of questions. I don't have anything else to say, Mama.....Wait. The last thing that I want you to write is 'Have a fun day at school.' Now read it, Mama. Stupid and idiot..."

Me:(Cutting my eyes at her and shaking my head.)
EK:"...are not nice words. You thought I was going to call you that."

Me:"You're a mess."

As you can see we are quite focused on our big day tomorrow. Extra prayers will be said for Ellie Kate's teacher, Ms. Adams.

5 comments:

holly said...

Hy-ster-i-cal!

JoAnn Cowan said...

Amy,
Always keep this. Ellie Kate will get a great laugh out of this down the road. I still have my chilred taped playing This is Kit or Kelly Cowan and we are hear today for Kids World. We have played it probably 20 times and just died out laughting, you will also. Thanks for sharing Ellie Kate's "one the eve of her first day of Kindergarten. Love all of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms. JoAnn

Erinjordan83 said...

Super Funny! I could just hear her saying all that too.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

OH MY! She IS a mess! I read all of her answers in her voice...or what I assume her voice to be based on how you've spelled things that she's said in the past. We really need to meet each others' kids someday.

Simply Sellers said...

She is such a hoot! I can't wait to hear more of her stories as the year goes on. We are praying for a great year!