Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Much Mommy guilt...

as I'm just now posting about this.
Emmett turned one on Sunday. I never even thought about making a post because I was sick. Thankfully my mom met Ross on Monday and took the kids to her house. We do love our Nana!

So anyways, "Little Man with a Plan", as we call him, had his first birthday which seems so very crazy! Since EK's birthday is on the 31st, we decided to have one big party on Saturday at my parents' home. I'll do a seperate post with pictures from the party later.
Below is obviously a picture from the hospital.
This picture was taken at the birthday party.

I did manage to snap the final two photos on Sunday.




Emmett really is a sweet little fella. He still seems to think that EK is the funniest person ever. He assumes a crawling position and promptly flops forward on his tummy. He then proceeds to drag himself rather quickly to wherever he wants to go. He has mastered his johnny jump up. He loves the time that he gets to spend in there. However, I have learned not to put him in there with a full stomach. You see he loves to spin in circles which led to a recent episode of his projectile vomiting in a circular motion in the jump up. Little Man loves bathtime. His hands are still the greatest thing ever. He is also fascinated with wheels. He is a terror in his walker. My heels can testify to that as they have served as a stopping point on several occasions as I was in the kitchen and did not move out of his way fast enough. He jabbers...alot! I love to hear him do this. I went into his room the other morning and was greeted with a sweet 'ma-ma'. Yeah, it was great. His laugh continues to be contagious. He is our blonde-haired, blue-eyed Little Man and as EK would say, "I'm gone eat him aw up!"

4 comments:

Donna said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Emmett! What a beautiful boy you are- and it seems literally like just yesterday that your mama was posting your birth pictures. Time is flying!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Happy Birthday to your two precious punkins! And don't feel too guilty...Taylor turned 2 one month ago tomorrow and I still have yet to blog.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Happy birthday Emmett and EK!! I forgot that Emmett and Owen shared a birthday! And I didn't know EK's was so close by!
My sister and I had birthdays 2 days apart and HATED it growing up, but as a mom, I think it's GREAT to have their parties together!!
Congrats, mama! And I can still feel you heel pain with those walkers!!

Christen said...

Happy Birthday Emmett! He's adorable!