Monday, November 17, 2008

Not for the squeamish...

We recently went to visit some of our neighbors. They were very gracious to let us come over and see their horse, Chief. We also got to see their snake, Lois. Now if you know me you know that I am an animal lover. However, my love does not extend to snakes. I do not know how Ellie Kate was so fearless around Lois. She is a pet and is completely harmless or else Ellie Kate would not have been around her. EK first wanted to "walk" Lois. Then she wanted Lois around her neck. I did not post those pictures because it would absolutely give you the hibby jibbies. So on our visit we learned two things.....1) Ellie Kate is a cowgirl and 2) she is also a snake wrangler. Don't worry. We have had several discussions with EK about how Lois is the ONLY nice snake. She knows that other snakes are dangerous and as she says, "They hurt me". As you can probably guess, Emmett was content just chillin'.









6 comments:

annieck said...

Oh my goodness! WOW!!! That's a brave little cowgirl you've got there. I would be scared to death! :)
Your kiddos are SO precious!

Jill Williamson said...

what???? A snake!!! Jadyn would never....so, what kind of church do you go to? haaaaaaaa

--Shelley said...

wow. i guess she will be a vet! and i love emmett's little sassy face.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

OH MY!! That is a snake!!!
You are one cool mama...
And she is going to be one cool cowgirl to mess with!
I think that she looks egg-zak-ly like you, so she has that in here favor.

Bragans said...

Amy, I thought we vowed to not publicly talk about what growing up in Brundidge was like. Ha! Ha! Now EK is handling snakes and horses. What happened to a bat, ball, & glove. Love you and your kids are beautiful!

Donna said...

Let me just say- when the evil one picked an animal- who did he pick? Mama is stayin away from snakes! I'm in love with Emmett- he is a dollbaby.