Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Update

Jack has had a really good day. He was taken off of the ventilator. I got to sit and hold him.
I stared intently at that little guy. I got to stroke his head with gloved hands and sing to him with a mask on my face. I got to tell him about all of the people who love him and are praying for him.

It seems that the reality of where we are is beginning to set in for me. Jack looks wonderful compared to where he was just a few short days ago. At the same time, I have those moments when I see my precious baby and realize just how sick he has been and how sick he still is. I know that he is receiving the best care possible. All the while, he is my fragile little one. Even more so, I know that Jack belongs to the Lord. God has been and continues to be so good to us.

His grace has covered us with an amazing peace. I am sure that hindsight will afford me even more opportunities to marvel at His care for us.

Thank you all so much for each and every prayer.

I am so humbled.

"Jesus loves the Baby. This Mommy knows. For the Bible tells the Mommy so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves the Baby. Yes, Jesus loves the Baby. Yes, Jesus loves the Baby. The Bible tells the Mommy so."

6 comments:

The Mersemen and Me said...

Amy, so unbelievably thankful for the positive report but continuing to pray for Jack, you, Ross, and the rest of your precious family. Praise Jesus for answered prayers. I love you all.

Stephanie said...

Makes me teary think about you guys! Con't to pray. He was on the "circle of friends" prayer request at church on Wed. night.

Jordan Family said...

Amy, the Jordan Family is praying for strength, comfort, rest and healing. Our God is truly the Great Physician! His Word says, Ask anything in My name, and I will do it (John 14:14). I know many are praying for your family and with God, all things are possible!!

Praying,

David, Laura, Austin Kieff and Caroline Jordan

molly b. said...

Hey Amy. I found out about sweet little Jack through Julia's blog. Just wanted you to know we have been praying for Jack, for you, for Ross & the rest of your family. grace + peace, molly

Kirana Shop said...

emm ventilor is mean?

hye prenz..
Sterling Silver Oval Blue Topaz Ring
offer Price:US$37.97 per unit
Free Shipping

http://kiranabusanaonline.blogspot.com/

Shane, LaJuan, Jocelyn and Gabbie said...

so glad Jack is doing better. We have been praying for him and will continue doing so :)