Friday, August 6, 2010

Celebrate!

Today's festivities.
























I know I have been missing in action. But I had to post today, because it's Bunny's birthday. That's right. Today Bunny turned 9. Where has the time gone?
She woke up this morning not feeling well. She actually threw up. She is blind in one eye and losing her hearing. There's a little boy (sources say, Emmett) who likes to sneak up behind her and hit her on the hiney and laugh. You'd probably feel sick, too. Anyway, her big day did get better. I gave her a medicated bath. Then, after looking thru a few shirts and dresses, I decided that Bunny could just put her jammies on. After all, it is her day.
Ellie Kate got all dressed up (and asked me if the bug man spraying our house would want to join us. I spared him the invite.), while Emmett cruised around on his fire engine. Then on a plate from EK's tea set, we gave Bunny a little cheese danish with a lit candle. We reused her birthday crown from last year and all sang 'Happy Birthday' as Ross accompanied us on the guitar. It is of note that Emmett didn't grab the candle and EK, after making a wish, blew out Bunny's candle for her. I took care of the videoing and then we recreated the festivities for the still camera.
Bunny devoured her treat and spent the rest of the day in her jammies probably avoiding both children.
I decided to post some pictures of Bunny through the years. (They are in no particular order.)
I cannot believe that she is 9 (or 63). She is a well traveled chihuahua both on the road as well as in the air. She's just a wee little girl who has been a staple around here. Ross would confirm (while gagging) that Bunny 'loves her mommy'.
Happy Birthday, Bunny!































































































































































































9 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

No words...I have no words. Except "Happy Birthday, Bunny!"

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

this post made me laugh! happy birthday, sweet little bunny!

The Riley Family said...

I love Bunny! I don't even know her but I love that she is part of your family. So sweet :-)

Stephanie said...

Happy b-day Bunny! She is too cute! Loved the pictures...she makes me smile!

black tag diaries said...

awwww... little bunny! happy birthday to you.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday to the lady of the hour- what fancy jammies you have! :)

Janine de Bart said...

omg i LOVEN the dog !!!

Rebecca said...

Thank you, Amy, for allowing me to laugh harder than I have in a long time!!
Happy Birthday, Bunny.

Anonymous said...

amy, that first picture of ellie kate looks a mini-you. its the first time where i've thought "oh my gosh, that's amy!" - beautiful!

and of course, love the pics of bunny..you live such a fun life! I can totally hear your voice in my head as I read your post...love you!