Sunday, June 21, 2009

Relay for Life

In June we attended the local Relay-for-Life. Our church put up a tent. We had plenty of food and fellowship. If you've never attended one of these events, I would encourage you to do so. It is quite moving to see those who have fought and survived cancer as they take their victory lap around the field. We have several in our church who were able to make that trip.

Survivors taking a lap.

Then the families joined in to show support.

Emmett always has someone to hold him. This is Lauren and Eva.

After dark, the luminaries light up the entire track. This one was my 'Poppa's'. He lost his fight with cancer in December '07. The Lord blessed me with some amazing time with Poppa before his passing. He loved babies and it tickled him to hear EK call the cows.


Daddy and Emmett. EK was visiting my parents and attending VBS at their church.


This one's pretty self explanatory. The husband got out of line and I had to tie him up. According to the picture, I am the sheriff in town.


There was no rest for Little Man. He took care of that wild horsie.


Me and my hubby... before I drove away.


EK is not understanding these pictures. After seeing this one she said,"You got a new car?"

No comments: