Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not thinking happy thoughts.

My computer is being very frustrating so before I drop kick it, let me tell you about our Easter.
Oh and the fact that the spacing is uneven in the previous post, well that drives me crazy.

We had an egg hunt on Saturday at church. EK found,"a wot of eggs", as she said. Emmett had one egg and was perfectly content.
Let me just say that I have an awesome husband. He bought a big rabbit costume so that the kids could get their picture with the Easter Bunny. Then he had them grab a seat while he, I mean the Easter Bunny, shared the story of Jesus and how he is ALIVE. As you can see he did not preach in the bunny costume on Sunday morning. Probably wouldn't have had the same effect.

Sunday we had a wonderful worship service. I love to sit under my husband's preaching. I know the effort he puts forth during the week in serving the Lord. I see many of the hours that he spends getting his sermon ready. So on Sunday when I hear him boldly proclaiming the Word of God, well I just feel fed. Sunday was extra special because the sermon was all about the very fact that we serve a RISEN Savior. What reason we have to celebrate!
After church we snapped a few quick family photos. We even caught some with everyone looking in the same direction. Cars driving by are a major distraction for Emmett. (Shiny objects distract me.)

Anywho, we headed over to have a delicious meal with several members from the church. EK was able to hunt eggs yet again. Ross got to play football. Emmett was passed around and loved on. I ate candy that EK had found. It was a good day.

The day ended with EK chasing Ross around the house saying, "Come here ya stinka' ".

We had a great weekend and we look forward to family traditions we will have in the future as we strive to teach EK and Emmett about our RISEN Lord.

No comments: