Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dedication

Last Sunday we had Emmett's dedication service. We felt so encouraged to be surrounded by our families as we took a vow to raise Emmett to know the Lord. Ross was honored to perform this special ceremony.
What an unspeakable privilege and responsibility with which we have been entrusted. Close and Loosely (W. Ross Kilpatrick)

I’ll hold you close, son, and loosely,
So that one day you’ll surely know

That though I long to hold you near
I’ll give you room to grow.

I will hold you close by my side
As you learn to take life’s steps

As you reach out into this great big world
As you explore its heights and depths

I will hold you close and teach you, son,
So that one day you will discover

Why I brought you up to fear the Lord
And to honor me and your mother

I will hold you close and emulate
The Christian life that Scripture teaches

So that you might see the Son in me
And give your heart one day to Jesus

But…I will hold you loosely son
Because you’re a gift from Heaven

That you might trust the Lord with all of your heart
And lean not on your own understanding

I will hold you loosely in my arms
For there is a plan to accomplish

I will prepare you for the journey ahead
By teaching you to follow the Word—God’s compass

I will hold you loosely in my heart
Because one day I surely know

You’ll grow up to be a man
And I’ll have to let you go.

So, son, I will hold you close…and loosely
Through both clear and stormy weather

So that through the years you’ll always know
That you’re daddy’s little treasure.


Grammy & PawpawMawmaw & PawpawNana & Poca DocMeme & PapaMeme, Papa, Erica, Kara, & KayleeTrevorAunt Jennifer (She sang during the service.)Ellie Kate & Kaylee
They love each other.

We would like to thank all of our family members who have shown us so much support. We love you all.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful boy, beautiful family, beautiful poem, beautiful day! Congratulations and God bless you!

Bragans said...

What a wonderful day! I am very old .. I could not believe how big Trevor is now. Crazy!

annieck said...

How special. Love this post.