Sunday, December 28, 2008

THE Christmas post

Kilpatrick Christmas 2008

The nativity set above stayed in Ellie Kate's room. As I went in to get her out of bed one morning she said, "Mama, I sleep good and so did Jesus!"



Above is Ellie Kate enjoying Christmas at home. She was content with her stocking stuffers which included play dough, fruit snacks, and hello kitty band-aids. She came to my rescue later that morning when I cut myself shaving. Of course she just had to put on her new Elmo slippers. She ended up wearing those that night when we attended a Christmas Eve service with my parents.

Emmett found Christmas to be a pretty exhausting time. He could often be found catching a nap while sporting his Auburn onesies.

Pocca Doc was content on Christmas morning holding EK who was holding Emmett. Little Man is so hot natured so we decided to cool him off by letting him lounge around in just his diaper.


This is EK after getting her Pottery Barn Kid's kitchen set. She spent the day in her pajamas with her apron and Elmo slippers on. The next day she woke up and said, "Good morning kitchen."
And in case you cannot read her shirt, it says "Little Miss Chatterbox".


EK and Emmett got to spend some time with their Meme. It's hard to tell who was more excited.

Ross and I managed to catch some snuggle time during all of the festivities.

This is my absolute favorite picture. Little Man looks enthralled with his daddy.

Pawpaw says, "Merry Christmas".


We had such a wonderful Christmas. We visited with lots of family and friends. It was an honor to celebrate the birth of our Savior among so many that we hold dear. As this season comes to a close let us be found faithful to not leave Jesus in a manger, but to carry Him with us in the coming year to reach a lost and dying world. I will close with a poem that my husband wrote:


Ye, Gathering Saints of Heaven blessed
Once filthy rags--now righteousness,
Once hardened, darkened, and in sin delight
Now brought to glory by His might,
Once wretched, dirty, wondering ones
Now redeemed and holy--heirs as sons,
Let nothing on earth prohibit thee
From worship of the Prince of Peace,
Let no angel's, no demon's, nor dark realm's plans
Keep thee from lifting holy hands,
And in worship never fail to see
Your Holy God who saveth thee.

4 comments:

annieck said...

What a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing it, Amy. :)
I just love seeing pictures of your sweet family. You all are so gorgeous. :)
Looks like you all had a great Christmas. I am so glad!
Happy New Year! Thanks for the reminder to carry Jesus with us. :)

Donna said...

Merry Christmas! Your family is SO beautiful- your baby girl reminds me of her mama. Emmett is getting out of the newborn look- what a dollbaby! I LOVE the pic where he's adoring his daddy. Oh- and Ross's poem is beautiful- thanks for posting it.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay for Christmas pics! They're all great! And I love the poem - would you or Ross mind if I post it on my blog, too (don't worry, I won't take credit for it) :)
Happy New Year, by the way!

Laura said...

Email address:
lrenfroe57211(at)troy(dot)edu
Love the pics and the poem!